What is Arduino?
Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. Arduino boards are able to read inputs and turn them into outputs. You can tell the board what to do by using Arduino programming language, and it is intended for anyone making interactive projects. To learn more about Arduino, click here.
Looking to see Arduino in action? From the Project Gallery: Arduino Light Theremin
Official Arduino site, https://www.arduino.cc/
- get Arduino IDE.
- purchase official kits.
- learning and reference materials.
- watch Arduino Starter Kit videos, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT6rF_I5kknPf2qlVFlvH47qHvqvzkknd
- online Arduino code editor that works with Chromebook / Android
16 Hertz, http://www.16hertz.com/
- cheaper non-official kits.
- great graphic novel style intro book, bit.ly/16hzguide
- good source for purchasing electronics, including specialized Arduino based boards and accessories.
What is Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi is a business card sized computer that can be used in electronics projects, and for many things a desktop PC would do, like spreadsheets, browsing the internet, and playing games.